When we talk about migration then the first question comes in everyone’s mind why we need to migrate from Oracle EBS to Fusion?
This is the general question when any organization is using Oracle EBS why they have the option to migrate from Oracle EBS to Fusion. Migration is like a bird’s migration process in cold weather. Why do birds require to move from a cold place to a warm place? In the same way when technology moving in an innovative way then we need to upgrade the systems or migrate on the upgraded versions. If we will compare the Oracle EBS to Fusion then Fusion UI/UX is much better than Oracle EBS. I know only UI wouldn’t justify making the decision to migrate Oracle EBS to Fusion. Also, users take the time income out from his comfort zone from Oracle EBS. Similarly, fusion has high cost & it requires skilled resources that create the mental blockage in the adaptability of Oracle fusion. So, let’s make a comparison between Oracle EBS and Fusion with positive and negative.
Comparison between Oracle EBS and Fusion
As I understand the human psychology EBS users which working on oracle EBS for 5 or 10 years would be whining over why they have to migrate the oracle fusion? The answer to this question is very simple you will get more out of Oracle fusion when you compare fusion with Oracle EBS. Oracle Fusion is the next generation ERP with new technology, UI, UX and a new feature with AI (Artificial intelligence) features. Also, Oracle EBS is already proven ERP.
Why Oracle EBS to Fusion Comparison Require?
Below is the table which will help you in understand the difference between EBS to Fusion across various aspects.
|Attributes||Oracle EBS||Oracle Fusion|
|Efficiency||Already proven ERP||Next-gen ERP|
|Features||Provide advanced features and cost feasible as a direct upgrade from the current version is possible (E.g. Upgrade from Oracle Apps 11i to Oracle Apps R12)||Formed of best modules from diversified enterprise solutions (JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel, and Oracle E-Business Suite) of Oracle|
|Workflow||PL/SQL||BPEL (Business Process Execution Language|
|Reports||PL/SQL||BI Publisher, XML Reports|
|User Interface||Oracle Forms (6i, 10g…), Java Server Pages (JSP), Oracle Applications Framework (OAF)||Oracle ADF (Application Development Framework), Java Server Faces (JSF)|
|Application Server||Oracle Applications Server||Oracle WebLogic|
|Architecture||Oracle application architecture||SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)|
|Database||Oracle Database 8i and above||Oracle RDMS 11g and above|
|Portal||Oracle Portal||Oracle Web center|
|Data Model||Oracle EBS Data Model||Oracle EBS Data Model+Siebel + PeopleSoft (Trees, Data Effectivity, person Model)|
|Attachments Imaging||BLOBs||BPEL, B2B AdapterXML GatewayXML GatewayAIA + BPEL + More web servicesAIAIntegrationUCM/Stellent|
|Financial Reporting||Financial Statement Generator||Hyperion Financials Reporting Studio, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence(OTBI)|
|XML Gateway||XML Gateway||BPEL, B2B Adapter|
|Integration||AIA||AIA + BPEL + More web services|
ADVANTAGES OF FUSION AND DISADVANTAGES OF EBS
- The workflow is better in Oracle Fusion when compared to Oracle EBS
- The security is way better in Fusion as it is a cloud-based application
- The SOD (Segregation of Duties) is available in Fusion whereas in EBS the users will have to hire consultants to do the SOD and role creation
- When it comes to reporting, Fusion lets its user export in any format whereas, in EBS, the export functionality is limited. Therefore reporting is an exceptional feature in Oracle Fusion
- Technology-wise Fusion is far-ahead of EBS. It’s got Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence (OTBI) and
- These technologies will be more favorable for business users. And if EBS users want these technologies in their application, then they will have to buy them separately which will obviously be heavy on their pockets
- Technicality and complexity is less in Oracle Fusion
- The dashboards in Fusion makes things easier in Fusion, users can easily locate problems
- Business users can create Adhoc reports for real-time data in Fusion, whereas, in EBS, the business users will have to run a number of queries
- Fusion has a multi-currency payment
Hopefully, our analysis will help you to make clear decisions and clarify your confusion. I think now it will be easy to say companies will migrate from EBS to Fusion.